Leslie & Khettry (“the Firm”) was established by Late Sreenath Dass Khettry in 1944 in Calcutta (West Bengal, India). Late Sreenath Dass Khettry was a renowned solicitor of Calcutta in his time. He was the legal consultant of choice for industrialists, tea estate owners, shipping industry and merchants of the then-booming jute market in Calcutta. He was also a notary appointed by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Church of England. Late A. A. Leslie, a renowned English solicitor was also associated with the Firm and practised in Calcutta until 1965.
The Firm is registered with the Original Side of Hon’ble Calcutta High Court. The Firm has served an illustrious list of clients that includes listed companies (in infrastructure, FMCG, jewellery and tobacco sector), banks, public sector undertakings, insurance companies, foreign law firms, governmental authorities, embassies / consulates, engineering concerns, tea estates, real estate developers, public and private trusts, jute mills, industrialists, small and medium enterprises, high net worth individuals, among others.
The Firm is ISO 9001:2015 and ISO / IEC 27001:2013 certified in relation to legal services. Working out of its two principal offices – in Kolkata and New Delhi, the Firm services clients pan India through its associates across cities.